It is important to us that you know that your personal information (data) is protected and that you have a choice about how it is used. This notice explains your rights, how we use your personal data and comply with legal obligations. Our policy does not apply to any third parties, including social media platforms and our partners from whom you access discounts and offers, so we advise you to read those individual privacy policies.
Please regularly check this policy because we update it, and it is your responsibility as a Member and/or website user to check it. However, if we make a significant change then we will actively let you know, for example, by emailing you, i.e., if we change the way data is processed in a way which Members would not expect.
The last change to this notice was on the 12th July 2021.
We (the data controller) are: Digidreams Media Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales Company number 12498244, whose registered office is at Unit 24Highcroft Industrial Estate, Enterprise Road, Horndean, Waterlooville, Hampshire, United Kingdom P08 0BT
We own and operate the website https://healthandbeautydeals.co.uk
We have a data protection officer who can be contacted at email@example.com
You can contact us about any aspect of personal data by using the details provided above. You can also make any complaints about data protection to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – visit www.ico.org.uk for more information, including accessing their helpline.
Unless detailed otherwise within this policy or lists of those with whom we share data, where we are Joint Controllers of personal data, we will be the main contact for any individual data subject.
You can contact us using the details above in order to exercise your data protection individual rights under GDPR and UK data protection legislation regarding any data shared.
However, you may also still contact either us or the other Joint Controller (the organisation we are working with) about any personal data which we share.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data (any information that could identify you) but on the basis that we collect the minimum amount of data that we need. You can find out more below.
We collect the following personal data:
- Identification information – such as your name and contact details (home address and/or post code, email, telephone number), date of birth, gender, your occupation and employment sector/type when you register to become a Member or update your profile
- Optional Information which enables us to provide you with more relevant discounts and offers – such as your interests and hobbies, and contract end dates for your utilities
- Communication preferences – such whether you want to receive emails or not
- Accounting data – relating to the running of our business and paying taxes (partners may tell us what services and/or products you have purchased although this is often anonymised)
- Technical and website use data – such as IP address, browser information, location and time-zone settings, operating system and platform data, as well as data on how you use our website and access partner websites, products, and services
We want your personal data to be accurate and up to date and may periodically contact you about this. However, if there are any changes to your personal data (such as a change of name) please let us know as soon as possible by updating your profile (log into your account or by emailing or writing to us, using our contact information in the Contacting us section to do so.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in various ways, and you can find out more about this below:
We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Information that you give to us when you register, complete or update your My Profile section in your account
- Information that you give to us when you ask us to help or provide support
- Information that you provide when using our website or social media (for example, you may comment on one of our Facebook posts)
- Information from third parties, including our partners when you buy their products or services – we never have your secure financial/payment data (i.e. credit or debit card details) – and information from any existing Member who may provide your contact details to us via our ‘refer a friend’ scheme
- Information from our card partner, Sodexo Motivation UK Limited (‘Sodexo’), about your application status, card status, and how you use your ‘Ode Card’, if you have decided to become a cardholder, in order to manage the communications we send you about the Ode card (unless you have asked us not to by unsubscribing) and to help us improve the membership deals and discounts we can offer you (unless you have opted out of profiling – see the sections Opting out
If you decide not to give us personal data, we may not be able to provide some services to you. For example, without your email address, we cannot email you about any discounts or offers.
Using your personal data (purposes)
We use personal data so that we can:
- Process your application to become a Member
- Maintain our Membership records
- Provide you with the discounts, offers, and information you have asked for, provide you with any help or support, and contact you in response to your communications with us
- Give you the best Member experience – including when you use our website – which can involve using any of your personal data for profiling activities so that we can send you tailored discounts and offers (to meet your own interests) but we also use anonymised data. However, you can opt out of profiling – see the Opting out of profiling section for this
- Help our partners to offer discounts and offers which our Members want
- Invite you to take part in a survey, competition, or prize draw or our ‘refer a friend’ scheme, as well as market research activities
- Contact you about any competitions or prize draws we may run, including letting you know if you have won a prize
- Analyse and monitor how secure and effective our website and business are on an ongoing basis
- Check your eligibility to participate in our ‘refer a friend’ scheme or any prize draw or competition
As a responsible organisation, we have additional checks in place (for example with profiling) to protect any vulnerable groups (particularly children).
The lawful basis for using your personal data
We must have a lawful basis before we can process your personal data. You can find out more about which lawful basis we rely on below:
The lawful basis enabling us to use your personal data is one or more of the following:
- when processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, (provided those interests don’t override your interests, freedoms, or rights) so that we can deliver your membership benefits, namely sourcing and providing you with the best deals, discounts and offers we can find. You have a right to object to us using your personal information for these legitimate interests. This includes a right to object to profiling – see Opting out of profiling and Your personal data rights sections below
- to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we need to comply with the law, or you exercise your data protection rights)
- where you have consented to the processing of your personal data, such as for marketing purposes or if required in relation to a prize draw or competition.
We need all the categories of personal data in the table below to allow us to deliver your membership benefits and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. We have indicated in the table below the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information, as well as providing a description of which categories of data are involved.
Where a legitimate interest is involved, we state what the legitimate interest is.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data (such as for sending you Membership service communications, referred to in the table below). Remember you can change your mind at any time about the emails you want to receive by updating your e-mail preferences (log into your account or by emailing or writing to us, using our contact information in the Contacting us section) but this may mean we can’t keep you up-to-date with the latest offers and discounts.